The CipaFilter certificate needs to be manually installed on SmartPhones that will use the MWISD wifi.
Note: MWISD iPads have this installed automatically.
You need to be on MWISD WIFI (guest) to be able to do the below steps.
Note: If your Iphone will not stay on the Guest wifi, upgrade it to the latest version by running the settings app (gears icon), click 'general', click 'software update', and check for updates and install the latest version. This is an Apple bug with certain versions of the Apple IOS operating system.
* Android phones instructions
1. Open the Chrome web browser and go to https://portal.cipafilter.com (Note: this only works on the Chrome browser on Android).
2. You will be prompted to enter a name for the certificate. Enter whatever you like (cipafilter is recommended), and then tap OK or the Enter button on the keyboard.
3. Depending on your device and its configuration, you may be prompted to enter your device PIN. If you don't have a PIN set, you may be prompted to create one.
4. You will see a confirmation that the certificate has been installed
* iPhone/iOS instructions
1. Open a web browser and go to https://portal.cipafilter.com
If it says that the connection is not private, click “Show details” and then click on “visit this website”.
2. Click the Download Certificate button
3. A screen will appear called Install Profile. It will indicate that the profile (certificate) is Not Trusted; to trust it, tap the Install button.
4. Next, you will be presented with a warning about the unverified authenticity of the profile. Tap Install again (in the top-right corner). If you have a passcode set, you may be required to enter it
5. You will see a confirmation that the profile has been installed, and that the certificate is now Trusted. Tap the Done button in the top-right corner.
6. On your Iphone, run the 'settings' app (the gears icon).
7. General > About > Certificate Trust Settings
8. Under "Enable full trust for root certificates," turn on the trust for the certificate (slide the slider to green).
IMPORTANT: On a Smart Phone, if not prompted to authenticate, open a web browser and you will automatically be asked to authenticate to the web filter. This authentication will last for 1 month before being required again. This must be done before using an app that goes to the internet.