Modified on: Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 1:39 PM
Office 365 will be available to staff and students. Students will not have e-mail in Office 365 but will continue to use Google Apps/G Suite for e-mail. Office 365 is not intended to replace the District's use of Google Apps for Education, but is available as another option to use if desired. Office training center - Many resources, videos, etc. for Office 2016 and Office 365 programs Note: Web based components will work on any device, including ChromeBooks, and specific Chrome Apps are available for Word Online, Excel Online, and PowerPoint Online The suite includes the following applications:
- Exchange Online - email for staff that is accessible via Outlook, an improved web mail interface, or on mobile devices. 50 GB of storage.
Overview of the Office 365 web mail
Overview of the junk e-mail filter
Access your e-mail quarantine
How to turn off the Focused Inbox for e-mail
What is the Focused Inbox in e-mail?
- Skype for Business - A communication and collaboration tool that allows for instant messaging, online meetings, screen sharing, video or audio conference calls, and more. The Skype for Business 2016 software is part of the Office 2016 install and mobile apps are available as well for Smart Phones.
Skype for Business getting started
Skype for Business quick start guides
- OneDrive for Business - Cloud based storage for files, sharing files, and collaboration. 1 TB of storage
Overview of OneDrive for Business
- Office Online - Includes web based versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneNote Class Notebook. Accessed via creating or opening files in OneDrive for Business.
- Sway - Sway is a digital storytelling app for work, school, and home that makes it quick and easy to create and share interactive reports, presentations, newsletters, personal stories, and more.
Sway quick start guide
- Microsoft Forms - Forms allows teachers and students to quickly and easily create custom quizzes, surveys, questionnaires, registrations and more. You can use built-in analytics to evaluate responses. Form data, such as quiz results, can be easily exported to Excel for additional analysis or grading.
Using Microsoft Forms in education
How to use Forms
- Other apps include SharePoint Online, Microsoft Teams, and Planner
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.