Your Chromebook automatically checks for updates, but you can also check for and install updates manually.
Your Chromebook automatically downloads software updates when it's turned on and connected to Wi-Fi. After an update is downloaded, you need to install it.
To install an update:
- Look in the status area, where your account picture appears for the Update icon . This icon shows up only when an update is ready.
- Click the update then restart to update.
Check for updates yourself
To check for and install updates before the next automatic update:
- Click the status area, where your account
- Click Settings - About Chrome OS.
- In the "About" window that appears, click the Check for and apply updates. Your Chromebook will start to install any available updates.
- After the updates are installed, click Restart to update.